Tuesday, May 3, 2016

I am not afraid to love you {poem}




'
















I'm not afraid to argue,
come--see me.

Confront me.
Disagree.

Let me know you
like you know you,
show that you care to understand me.

Ask me questions
I only seem to have the answers to--
help me get clear.

Dig deeper.
Inquire.

I am not afraid of your
intensity,
get passionate with me.

Be sure,
and not so.

Be vulnerable.
Tell me what happens
to your heart when I smile--

is it so terrifying
to not be able to reason at love,
to let now be enough?

Feel.
Weep.

Let me in on your confusion,
your doubts and debates.
What weighs on your heart?

Ill take it in mine.
I'm here to hold you
as you've held me,

to ease you your suffering.
To look into your eyes
and see the truth

through the fear.
To know that when we conflict
we grow closer in

trust,
a willingness to feel,
working to understand.

Surrender your heart
from your words,
and know

that I am not afraid
of love.




As published on Elephant Journal: http://www.elephantjournal.com/2016/05/i-am-not-afraid-to-love-you-poem/

No comments:

Post a Comment